I often get asked how I juggle my schedule; being a full-time student, working part time, participating in university clubs and executives, hitting the gym daily, and still finding time to run my website. I won’t lie, it gets very hectic, especially when I try to squeeze in things like sleep and some sort of social life! After over a year of growing this website I’d like to think I’ve found some sort of healthy balance in my schedule and now I am the perfect amount of busy.
This is my typical schedule when I’m not travelling, check out my post on how to squeeze in time for travel as a student HERE.
I want to stress to everyone, that you can wear as many hats as you want while being a student, as long as you carefully plan and are prepared to work hard. Remember, it’s also okay to have a different schedule than everyone else! People often comment on how lenient my class schedule is, but that’s because I manipulate my classes to only be on campus certain days, and take several courses online so I can keep up with school and travel more.
I cannot speak highly enough of online courses. I’m grateful to go to a university with such a large offering of online courses as it allows me to study while pursuing other passions. If you plan on taking online courses too, keep in mind they take a lot of discipline and self-control; it’s completely up to you to stay up to date with the materials and it’s very easy to fall behind if you’re not focused.
As I’ve already said, my schedule varies day to day, but this is an ideal day for me. Other factors are constantly coming into play like errands I have to run, things I need to get done for my school organizations, and extra time I need to prepare for midterms and exams. I typically like to spend about 2 hours a day working on my website and another 4 hours a day studying and working on assignments.
6:30 AM : Wake up
- Alright so I’m not really waking up at 6:30 in the morning. My alarm is going off at 6:30 in the morning and I am hitting snooze for at least another fifteen minutes.
After I’m done fighting with the snooze button I scroll through my social media for a bit before finally getting my butt out of bed.
7:00 AM: Coffee Infusion
- First things first, before I start doing anything else I make myself a giant (bottomless) cup of coffee. I also do my morning skin care routine to wake myself up and if I’m already hungry I’ll fix myself some breakfast.
7:30 AM: Emails
- I spend the first part of my morning responding to emails. I used to think this was such a silly thing for bloggers to mention in their daily routines, but managing four email accounts can get crazy, and sometimes I can spend almost two hours every morning responding to emails!
8:30 AM: Content Creation
- After the emails I get onto the fun stuff; creating new content for my website! The type of content I’m doing depends on the day, the season, events coming up, etc. Sometimes I’ll be researching for a new blog post, other times I’ll be shooting photos (I like doing this in the morning because of the nice, natural lighting), or I might be editing a YouTube video
10:30 AM: Workout Break
- After a couple hours of work, I like to restart my brain with a quick sweat session. I usually spend about 45-60 minutes in the gym, 5-6 days a week. If you’re following me on social media, you’ll know I recently started an 18 week cut leading up to my trip to the Maldives this summer. If you want to see a more in depth post about my new split and the details of my cut, leave a comment below!
11:30 AM: Lunch Time!
- After the gym I’m usually starving so I’ll make myself a big lunch before getting ready to head out.
12:30 PM: Class
- I usually have a few hours of lectures to attend in the afternoons, or if I don’t have class I’m headed off to work.
4:00 PM: Meetings
- Early in the evenings I usually have meetings for one of the school organizations I’m a part of.
5:00 PM: Dinner Time
- If I’m still on campus and feeling too lazy to cook I’ll take advantage of our school’s amazing dining options. Otherwise, I’m meeting up with my boyfriend to cook dinner.
6:00 PM: Studying
- I usually reserve the rest of my day for studying and working on assignments. That’s why I like to get the majority of my website work done in the mornings, as well as my workouts. It leaves my nights open to focus on school stuff.
10:00 PM: Wind Down for the Night
- I like to call it a night pretty early, but I don’t necessarily fall asleep right away. I like to start winding down with my nighttime skin care routine, planning out the next day, reflecting in my journal, and sometimes watching a little bit of Netflix before lights out.
All that in a day’s work! I hope you guys enjoyed this post and it gave you a little bit of insight into how I’m running this show.