A little while ago I did a post on the best places to find acai bowl in Oahu and ever since I’ve left the island I’ve been obsessed with these delicious bowls. As soon as I got home I made it my mission to recreate their tropical deliciousness and I think I’ve finally nailed the perfect recipe. Now I have an acai bowl for breakfast every morning and I really can’t imagine starting my day with anything else. These bowls are quick, easy, and super filling so you’ll feel satisfied for quite a while afterwards.
All you’ll need for this recipe is a blender and an abundance of your favourite fruits. You can totally customize this to your tastes depending what fruit you have! I like to change mine up all the time to make sure I’m getting a variety of different nutrients in.
As I said above, this recipe is completely customizable. As long as you have acai, some sort of frozen fruit, and some fresh fruits and toppings you’ll be good to go! However, here’s an example of what I’ll make my bowls with.
- Frozen berries
- Sambazon acai (you can buy acai as freeze dried powder from Vitacost, or most grocery stores sell frozen packets)
- Spinach (totally optional, but I add it in to get some more vegetables and nutrients in my diet, and you can’t even taste it!)
- Pitted dates
- Fresh berries
- The first thing you’re going to do is add your frozen berries, acai, and spinach if you’re using it into a blender and blend it with water. You’ll want to adjust how much water you use to make sure you end up with a thicker consistency.
- Once you have it blended to your desired texture, pour into a bowl and add your toppings! I always add granola and bananas and then add other in season fruits.
- Snap a few Insta-worthy photos of your creation and enjoy! Yep, it’s as easy as that!
Tag me in you acai bowl creations on Instagram! @airplanesandavocados