This morning the temperature dropped to a measly negative two degrees and the weather network was calling for flurries. And so it begins. The dreaded Canadian winter.
Acai bowls have been my staple breakfast for months now, but with chilly mornings like today I was in no mood for a cold bowl of fruit; I need something hot and cozy to warm me up. Thus we have the tofu scramble. This is actually my first time making tofu scramble and I am so impressed about how it turned out I needed to share it with you guys; it might just become my new winter staple breakfast!
-tofu (extra firm works best)
-dairy free cheese (I use the brand daiya)
-earth balance dairy free butter
- Use paper towel to dry out the tofu and cut it up into smaller pieces. (This will just make it easier to crumble them in the pan.)
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of earth balance in a pan at medium heat
- Add tofu, spinach, and garlic salt. Crumble into a scrambled egg texture using spatula. Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until tofu starts to turn golden brown.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth and allow the tofu to completely absorb it
- Add dairy free cheese and let melt before plating your tofu scramble.
- Plate tofu scramble and top with salsa and salt and pepper to taste.
If you try out tis recipe let me know how it turns out! Have you guys got any other ideas for cozy winter breakfasts?