This Christmas recipe is coming a little bit late, but I’m sure you all have a few extra candy canes lying aound anyway! I made this recipe a few times over the holidays and it was a hit at several family functions. And no, no one could even tell they were vegan; they taste that good!
Here’s the recipe for quick and easy, vegan peppermint bark.
-two bags of vegan chocolate chips (I use the brand enjoy life)
-king david’s white baking chocolate coins (I used a 2:1 ratio of chocolate to white chocolate)
1. Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl and melt them in the microwave in intervals. Microwave for thirty seconds, stir, then repeat until you have a smooth consistency.
2. Once the chocolate is completely melted, pour and spread evenly across a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
3. Next, do the same microwave melting process with the white chocolate.
4. Add THE ABSOLUTE TINIEST DROP of peppermint extract to the white chocolate and stir. Seriously, put 1-2 drops max, the peppermint extract has a very strong taste. (Note: For some reason when I mixed in the peppermint extract it thickened up the white chocolate which made it a little bit harder to lay nicely on top of the chocolate.)
5. Spread the white chocolate over the chocolate. I tried to be as neat as I could, but because the white chocolate thickened it made it more difficult so the two chocolates did mix.
6. Now crush your candy canes! I put mine in a plastic baggy and used a rolling-pin to crush them into small pieces.
7. Sprinkle your crushed candy canes and pecans on top of the chocolate.
8. Finally, pop the tray into the fridge for a few hours to set and then break it apart into pieces!
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, if you recreate it please tag me so I can see! 🙂
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 🙂